Métis authors, David Bouchard and Dr. Joseph Martin capture the essence of the seven sacred teachings in this book with beautiful illustrations by Métis artist Christy Cameron. The seven teachings include: respect, humility, love, truth, honesty, wisdom and courage. The stories in the book provide an example of how each teaching came to be.
- Residential school comments trigger class walkout
- City of Ottawa honours late Inuk artist with renaming of Sandy Hill park
- The history and legacy of Indigenous Veterans Day
- Search for unmarked graves at former residential school in Brantford, Ont. underway
- Quebec’s order of nurses looking to combat systemic racism against Indigenous communities